Thursday, January 31, 2013

RARE "Little Donkey" - Florrible and Misrabella

RARE "Little Donkey" - Florrible and Misrabella Video Clips. Duration : 4.08 Mins.


This song is called "Little Donkey". It's a rework of Florence's song known as "Donkey Kosh", which was never officially released. When it was made, Florence Welch and Isabella Summers released it with their group name as "Florrible and Misrabella" (aka Florence and the Machine and Laydee Isa). Give it a couple listens. Sure, it's a bit different, but it's just as brilliant as anything else Florence and Isa have made together. [LYRICS]: With a donkey on my shoulder and a jackal on my back I'll carry these, my children, keep them safe from attack The donkey makes it hard to dance and the jackal sings too loud Little donkey's getting restless, getting heavier as it grows And the jackal, spoiled and spiteful, keeps biting at my nose I would have a lover a husband and a child But the donkey is too jealous and the jackal is too wild Oh, is too wild You ask me why I keep them, oh Why I love them so Why they get away with murder as they grow and grow and grow You ask me why I keep them, oh, oh Why I love them so Why they get away with murder as they grow and grow I keep them 'cause I made them They come from in my heart With each mistake I make, created and torn apart And when it's time to feed them, before they go to bed, I give them my confessions baked within their bread And as they sleep, tucked up tight, the donkey and the jackal, they snort and snuffle in the night. Woah Little donkey's getting restless, getting heavier as it grows And the jackal, spoiled and spiteful ...

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.